17. 04. 2023
Running out of storage space on your iPhone can be frustrating, especially when you need to download a new app or take a photo. Fortunately, there are several ways to free up space on your device without resorting to purchasing additional storage. In this ultimate guide, we’ll share tips and tricks for decluttering your iPhone and making the most of your available storage.
Before you start deleting files and apps, it’s important to determine which items are taking up the most space. To do this:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on “General.”
3. Select “iPhone Storage.”
Here, you’ll see a breakdown of your storage usage by category, such as apps, photos, and messages. This information will help you identify where you can make the biggest impact when freeing up space.
Deleting apps that you no longer use is one of the easiest ways to free up storage space on your iPhone. To remove an app:
1. Locate the app on your home screen.
2. Press and hold the app icon until a menu appears.
3. Select “Remove App,” then confirm by tapping “Delete App.”
Alternatively, you can delete apps directly from the iPhone Storage settings:
1. Tap on the app in the storage breakdown list.
2. Select “Delete App.”
Some apps store temporary data or cache files that can accumulate over time. Clearing this data can help free up space:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap on the app whose cache you want to clear.
3. Look for an option to clear cache or data within the app’s settings. If available, tap to clear the cache.
Note that not all apps offer this option. In some cases, you may need to delete and reinstall the app to clear its cache.
Photos and videos can take up a significant amount of storage space. To manage your media:
1. Use the “Optimize iPhone Storage” feature: Go to Settings > Photos > Optimize iPhone Storage. This option will store smaller, compressed versions of your photos on your device while keeping the full-resolution versions in iCloud.
2. Delete unwanted photos and videos: Regularly review your Camera Roll and delete any unwanted or duplicate media.
3. Use third-party cloud storage: Consider using services like Google Photos or Dropbox to store your photos and videos in the cloud and free up space on your iPhone.
Text messages and attachments can also occupy a considerable amount of storage. To manage your messages:
1. Enable “Message History” settings: Go to Settings > Messages > Keep Messages and choose a duration (30 days, 1 year, or Forever). Older messages will be automatically deleted.
2. Delete old conversations: Swipe left on a conversation in the Messages app and tap “Delete” to remove it.
3. Remove large attachments: In the Messages app, tap on the “i” icon in the top-right corner of a conversation, scroll down, and tap “See All Photos.” From here, you can delete large attachments.
Instead of storing music, movies, and TV shows on your iPhone, consider using streaming services like Apple Music, Spotify, Netflix, or Hulu. This will save storage space and give you access to a vast library of content.
By following the tips in this ultimate guide, you can free up storage space on your iPhone without the need for additional purchases. By managing your apps, photos, videos, and messages, as well as utilizing streaming services, you’ll be able to declutter your device and optimize your available storage. With a little effort and regular maintenance, you can keep your iPhone running smoothly and ensure you always have space for the things that matter most.