18. 04. 2023
Instagram, a popular social media platform owned by Facebook, has gained immense popularity for its focus on visual content and user-friendly interface. If you’re new to Instagram, this beginner’s guide will help you navigate the app and discover its features. We’ll cover everything from setting up your account to posting photos and videos, using Instagram Stories, and more.
1. Home: The home icon takes you to your main feed, where you’ll see posts from people you follow.
2. Search & Explore: The magnifying glass icon opens the search and explore page, where you can discover new content and users based on your interests.
3. Camera: The “+” icon lets you create a new post by uploading photos or videos from your phone’s gallery or taking new ones using the in-app camera.
4. Notifications: The heart icon shows your notifications, such as likes, comments, and new followers.
5. Profile: The profile icon takes you to your own profile page, where you can view your posts, saved content, and tagged photos.
1. Tap the “+” icon at the bottom center of your screen.
2. Choose a photo or video from your phone’s gallery or take a new one using the in-app camera.
3. Apply filters and edit your image or video as desired.
4. Write a caption, add location information, and tag people if necessary.
5. Tap “Share” to post your content.
Instagram Stories is a feature that allows you to share photos and videos that disappear after 24 hours. To create an Instagram Story:
1. Tap the camera icon in the top left corner of your screen or swipe right from the main feed.
2. Capture a photo or video, or select one from your gallery by swiping up.
3. Add text, stickers, drawings, or filters by using the icons at the top of the screen.
4. Tap “Your Story” to share the content with your followers.
1. Use hashtags: Include relevant hashtags in your captions to increase the visibility of your posts.
2. Tag people: Tagging friends or relevant accounts in your posts can increase engagement and visibility.
3. Make your profile public or private: By default, your profile is public, which means anyone can see your posts. If you prefer, you can make your profile private so that only approved followers can view your content.
4. Save posts: Tap the bookmark icon below a post to save it to your private collection, which can be accessed from your profile.
If you plan to use Instagram for business purposes, consider switching to a business profile. This will provide you with additional features, such as:
1. Instagram Insights: Access analytics about your followers, post engagement, and reach.
2. Contact options: Add contact information, such as an email address, phone number, or physical address, to your profile.
3. Promote posts: Boost your posts with paid promotion to reach a larger audience.
To switch to a business profile:
1. Go to your profile and tap the three-line menu icon in the top right corner.
2. Tap “Settings” at the bottom of the screen, followed by “Account.”
3. Choose “Switch to Professional Account,” and then select “Business.”
Instagram offers additional video features called Reels and IGTV:
1. Instagram Reels: Create short, 15-60 second videos with music, effects, and editing tools. Reels can be shared on your feed, Stories, or the dedicated Reels tab on your profile.
2. IGTV: For longer videos (up to 60 minutes), use IGTV. This feature is ideal for creating more in-depth content, such as interviews, tutorials, or product demonstrations.
Instagram is a versatile and user-friendly platform that offers numerous features to help you connect with others, share your interests, and promote your brand. By following this beginner’s guide, you’ll be well on your way to mastering Instagram and making the most of its features. As you continue to explore the app, you’ll discover even more ways to engage with your audience, showcase your creativity, and enjoy the world of visual storytelling.